Have any of you girls gone to a good HFPE on emergency preparedness? Why did you enjoy it? What did you do?
Friday, June 03, 2005
Contributors
Previous Posts
- ClosetKids News yea! School is out for the Summer!...
- Here's another one
- Here is some of our fun in Virginia with Shauna an...
- Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
- What I learned this weekend:To make a really great...
- Lately some weird phrases from our youth have been...
- What did you think of the movie "Lemony Snicket's-...
- I've found an "easy" way to add large numbers of p...
- Does anyone know of a way to totally delete delete...
- Happy Memorial Day!

13 Comments:
we had a good one on solar ovens that I thought was gonna be lame. because in the past the solar ovens they talked to use about were big heavy metal contraptions that cost a lot of money. This one is like the sun shades for your car and only cost 10 dollars. we were able to buy them the girl put in an order for the ward My mom bought some for each of us kids for christmas. the girl that taught the class uses hers all the time here and in Utah before she moved.
Another good class is water storage that one has always been a high demand one here. Hope these help. I will keep thinking.
1:55 PM
Sorry, I haven't been to one on emergency preparedness. Another ward was going to do an emergency preparedness fair last month, but it got cancelled for some reason. Dumb, since hurricane season has already started and many people here were without power for several days last year.
5:09 PM
Hey, how can I get a solar oven?!
5:13 PM
I can find out the info from my mom or the girl that did the ordering and get it to you. this girl uses it a lot to bake and cook beans and meat and such.I thought that was strange but I am sure gonna give it a try. it is way to hot here to cook with the oven. And it is more expensive to use electricity from 1pm to 8pm here.
You might get a better deal with a big group order with your ward too. I'll make a call tonite.
7:13 PM
We also have had 2 times with very good response emergency lanterns made with pint size paint can filled with toilet paper, minus the cardboard roll,and alchol. Easy and cheap the lamp lasts quite a while.About 2-3 dollars a piece.
7:16 PM
All of these ideas sound great! After last year, I am very nervous about hurricane season.
5:09 PM
We have also done with great success every time bascic first aid kits that fit in the plastic shoe box size rubbermaids. And 72 hr food kit with meals that can be stored for 6 months to 1 year.
10:28 AM
Karen,
Did you find out about that solar oven?
10:51 AM
okay got info.on solar oven
Sun Toys
David Piper
206-230-5286
leave message he'll call back
10.00 for order of 10+
Karen
1:05 PM
iF YOU REALLY PLAN ON USING THE OVENS IT IS WORTH GETTING 2 PER FAMILY.
3:21 PM
Do you have more specific instructions for the emergency lanters?
5:42 AM
Oops! I mean, emergency lanterns.
5:46 AM
1 new pint size paint can
1 cheap roll of toilet paper
remove inner cardboard tube
rubbing alcohol
1 pack of matches
put roll of T.P. in can. Pour alcohol into can. Put lid on can,pounding down to secure it. tape matches to top.
I have a call in to my old Enrichment leader to see if anything is different than that but it is pretty easy and basic.
IT works great to have an assembly line going.
9:23 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home